What Is Circuit Training?
Circuit training is a great way of training that comprises different sets of exercises with short rest periods in between. As well as offering a fantastic workout, it’s also great fun and is suitable for all levels of fitness.
Circuit Training: The basics
- What does circuit training comprise of
- What is circuit training good for?
What does circuit training comprise of?
Circuit training has undergone many re-inventions over the years. But whatever name it might go by it’s made up of six or more different exercises that are performed for a period (typically 2-3 minutes). with a short rest between each. Completing all of the exercises in the set is referred to as a ‘circuit’. This is then likely to be repeated multiple times.
What is circuit training good for?
The exercises that make up a circuit will be a combination of cardiovascular and strength training. Because of this, it’s great training for both increasing fitness and endurance, as well as being beneficial for muscle growth and tone. In other words, circuits provide an all-encompassing body workout, with the best scenarios combining cardio, upper body, lower body, and whole-body exercises.
Benefits of Circuit Training
- Circuit training is great for all levels of fitness
Circuit training is great for all levels of fitness
Whether you’re at the beginning of your fitness journey or striving for athletic perfection, circuits are a great way to work towards your goals. Most people enjoy circuit training as part of a group, making it socially interactive as well.
Let’s take a look at some of the many benefits:
- Offers great variety: Each workout station in a circuit is different, and will be a combination of resistance (such as press-ups or tricep dips), cardiovascular (sprints, high knees), core work (crunches, planks), and free weight exercises.
- Work at your own pace: There’s no lower or upper limit on each exercise set, meaning you can work appropriately to your current level of fitness.
- Fat burning and muscle toning/building: This chaotic method of training forces the body to respond in a way that offers great fat burning and improves muscle. Because it offers a fairly intense workout over short periods, the benefits last way beyond the class itself, with increased fat burn for many hours post-exercise.
- Increase fitness and stamina: Circuits are great for increasing your stamina and endurance. This makes them ideal for anyone who’s preparing for events such as cycling, running, endurance hikes, and triathlons.
- They provide motivation: Because circuits are generally enjoyed in a class format you benefit from the encouragement of everyone else in the group. Plus it’s social and fun as well.
Another great aspect of circuit training is that all you need is yourself, a towel, and a water bottle. The class provider will sort everything else, plus be on hand with expertise and encouragement. Slip on your trainers, wear some baggies, and you’re good to go…
Join a Tribe Boca Class for the Ultimate in Circuit Training
Boca Raton-based Tribe Boca offers a friendly, highly effective environment in which to enjoy the ultimate in circuit training classes. Run by professionals with decades of experience, they know how to put together the right combination of workstations that’ll see you driving towards your fitness goals.
In addition, the classes are run by guys and gals who’re truly talented at creating the right vibe and level of enthusiasm that’ll see you working at levels you’ve never believed possible—and that equals what you’re striving for… Results!
So what are you waiting for? Head over to https://tribeboca.com and discover how their circuit training classes are exactly what you need to hit your goals…